So I’ve noticed that there have been several respectable people who have unfollowed me lately. I’m really not sure of the reasons the had for no longer getting my tweets. As a matter of fact, one got upset with me for unfollowing him several months ago (I did refollow him) and another I’ve had regular discourse with thanks to a mutual desire to follow one another. [Are you confused by the word follow yet?] Anyway, I decided to put together a list of the top ten criteria I use when deciding to unfollow someone. Note: Do not take this too serious.
10. The person has really bad facial hair in their picture. It’s especially bad if that person is a woman.
9. The person has a distinctively male name like Jim but has an avatar of a woman.
8. The person hasn’t changed their avatar in a looooooong time.
7. The person regularly types in ALL CAPS.
6. The person only tweets to share hyperlinks (usually to their own organization’s webpages).
5. The person only tweets about the trivial things in life like baking cookies or going for a walk.
4. The person tweets like the entire world is against them.
3. The person is a narcissist and unfollowed you first.
2. The person only responds to tweets sent by members of the opposite sex.
1. The person’s twitter handle is not @epiclysteve 😉